Domestic Violence Case Manager
(FT with benefits; 35 hrs. per week)
The Domestic Violence Program of Herkimer County seeks a full time Domestic Violence Case Manager. Responsible for providing individual client support, criminal justice and legal system advocacy, referral to ancillary community services, interacting with various public and community agencies, case management, outreach and community education/information to schools, organizations and many diverse groups throughout Herkimer County to promote a coordinated community response and prevention of domestic violence.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Accompanying clients to court, to the police station, to DSS and to doctors as deemed necessary.
- Assist with finding safe housing for clients, safety planning and providing links to community resources.
- Providing supportive individual counseling, either in-person, over the phone or virtually.
- Assist clients with understanding their rights and helping complete any associated paperwork.
- Maintain accurate and complete case notes, using data base entry.
- Must be comfortable with using computers, laptops, cell phone, and copier and be proficient in data base entry and Microsoft Office.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, but will consider those that have a special interest in working with population served. Should have experience with trauma informed, survivor-centered service provision, preferred knowledge of local community resources, ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism, as well as strong organizational, time-management, decision-making, and interpersonal skills. The candidate should have an interest in and commitment to anti-oppression and social justice work. Candidate must hold a valid NYS driver’s license and have reliable daily transportation.
Hiring is contingent upon background and Sanction screening checks, Central Registry Clearance and completion of mandated trainings. Candidates must be willing and able to work under the Mission and Values of Catholic Charities of Herkimer County. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest for the position and a resume at the address below by Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
Catholic Charities of Herkimer County
61 West St.
Ilion, NY 13357
Fax (315) 894-9259