CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF HERKIMER COUNTY
Help Our Youth
- Become a host home and provide a safe place for a homeless youth to stay.
- Become a mentor and make a difference in a youth’s life.
- Tutor children in reading to help prepare them for the
- Give a child a happy holiday; distribute Christmas gifts and food to families.
Help Our Seniors
- By driving the elderly to doctor appointments.
- Help a senior remain in their home, become a companion.
- Become a Medicare Insurance Counselor.
- Teach our seniors; become a WISE facilitator
Help Feed Our Families
- By baking, cooking or working at our Thanksgiving dinner.
- By serving in our food pantry or Food $en$e site.
Help Our Domestic Violence Program
- Provide safe visits for children; become a Supervised
- Answer calls for the DV Hot Line.
Other Ways to Help
Data Input, RIDE dispatcher and other administrative work.
Provide peer-to-peer recovery support services. Serve as a
board member or a coalition member.
VOLUNTEERING WORKS WONDERS!
- Helping others gives you a good feeling about
yourself and builds your self-esteem and self confidence.
- Become more socially active and make friends.
- Research shows that volunteering helps improve
- Learn new skills and improve upon the skills you
WHY VOLUNTEER AT CATHOLIC CHARITIES?
- We have many unique and interesting volunteer opportunities that will help you accomplish all of the above! For a list, please see the back of this brochure. There is something for everyone!
- Set your own schedule and volunteer as often or as
little as you can.
- We serve all residents in Herkimer County regardless
of race, creed, or lifestyle.
- We believe in Human Dignity, Solidarity with the
Poor and the Common good.
- You will be covered under our liability insurance.